What’s Ash been up to?
I should have known when she almost didn’t let me get to the hospital in time to have her that we’d have “issues” with aggression. The evidence is piling up:
- One time both girls were in their bedroom with the door shut. Ashlyn refused to let Reagan out. Ashlyn is five years younger than Reagan. Reagan had to call for backup help.
- The other day we were waiting for the metro. There was just enough space on the bench for two little bottoms. Ashlyn sat down in one spot and as Reagan tried to sit down scooted over to the other spot. As Reagan shifted to sit where Ashlyn had just been Ashlyn scooted back over there. And on it went several more times until I could yell without actually yelling for her to cut it out.
- We were eating lunch in a DC diner the other day and a whitish guy came in with an afro. She looks up and yells, “disgusting!” This is because she’s never seen an afro before and obviously has an opinion of what’s stylish even at three years old.
- We were cooking out with friends last weekend and all the girls were in the alley playing. It’s a grassy alley between two sets of townhouses–totally safe and protected. We called them to dinner. Reagan came into the yard and begins to sit down in one of our lawn chairs. All of the sudden this white streak blasts past us and hops into the chair before Reagan can get her butt fully in it. Ash then proceeds to force Reagan out using various hitting, shoving and kicking maneuvers.
- She has “hidden” various things that she happens to be in possession of when Reagan wants that same object.
- She got so excited to see Reagan one time after AWANA that she squealed, “Reagan!” and then smacked her in the face.
The list goes on and on but we can’t remember all the incidents anymore. At this rate we’ll be visiting her in juvi in several years.