We all know I’m a bargain hunter. I recently lamented that Netflix was changing its pricing structure to charge more for their movies. I’ve become unimpressed with the movies they offer anyway. Enter Blockbuster Express.
- There’s a kiosk very close to my house, which means (almost) instant gratification.
- It seems that there are newer releases with Blockbuster Express than Netflix.
- (and the best one) I’ve been renting movies for free. FREE! (Details below) They’re only $1 to begin with, but doesn’t free make it even better?
- People don’t take care of the DVDs and at least three of the movies I’ve rented have scratches bad enough that my DVD player has to skip over parts. I was able to finish watching the movie by inserting the DVD into my computer.
- So far I haven’t run into any others.
Now, how to get the movies for free? Southern Savers (and maybe other frugal blogs) lists Express codes when they hear about them that allow you to rent the movies for free. Also, sometimes the emails I get from Blockbuster Express offer free codes. From what I have experienced you can only rent one movie at a time, but for me that’s not a problem, especially when the kiosk is so close.
I know there are Redbox codes out there as well, but the nearest kiosk isn’t easily accessible so I don’t like to use it.
So, there you go, happy movie watching!