My Fly Lady post created a bit of a stir. I’ve decided to share my personal schedules/lists so you can see exactly what my goals are. These are PDF files. Click on the title to view the page.
- Daily Chore Checklist 09 This is the cleaning that I’d like to get done everyday. Really, none of it should take too long. And by clean toilets I mean stick the brush in the bowl and do any necessary wiping around the bowl.
- Weekly Routine 09 This details what I’d like to get done each day, including the cleaning (both daily and detailed).
- Detailed Routines: 1st Week 09 This lists what will get done the first week of the month.
- Detailed Routines: 2nd Week 09 This is what I’ll do the second week of the month.
- Detailed Routines: 3rd Week 09 And the third.
- Detailed Routines: 4th Week 09 And so on for the fourth.
- Detailed Routines: 5th Week 09 If there’s a fifth week in the month here’s what I’ll do.
Ambitious? I used to do this minus as intense of a homeschooling schedule as we keep now…and minus an extra kid. Can you imagine how much little hair I’d have if I were still managing my business?
The idea though is that breaking the big cleaning jobs down into smaller, bite-sized pieces, AND doing everything each month will make the jobs easier and faster to do. I am not going to dress down to my shoes each day and I am not subscribing to the email notifications. I have laminated these sheets (by applying clear packing tape over the part of the sheet I’m going to write on) so I can mark off what I’ve done each day, and then wipe the sheets clean at night. Because what is a list if you can’t mark things off of it?
8 thoughts on “Fly Lady redux”
I love that you shared this! I’m downloading them and I’m going to give it a whirl! Thanks for sharing! I think it is genius!
I think that’s about right:-)
I haven’t looked at the list, but it is a great idea to do small chunks everyday!
Sounds like a great plan! Keep us posted!
I have been overwhelmed just by READING FlyLady, but have been diligent about keeping 2 “zones” clean over the weekend….Thanks for sharing your list, I have printed it, and plan to study it and revise it to fit our life! ~~About getting together….let’s do it!!!! When is good for you???
I have been doing some of your routines! My house looks great and ready for baby. I will admit though that I pulled out the fridge and stove to clean behind/under them and my daughter came into the kitchen and said “um, mom… are you supposed to be doing that when your having a baby?” I said “it’s called nesting and I did it when I was pregnant with you too” 🙂
Vicki, I use to follow flylady pretty loyally. I have the book and checked her website often. I made my pages. I stuck with it for a while. I truly believe in her “give it 15 minutes” doable approach. I’m not the most structured person and I think my nature almost rebelled against those list telling me what to do. I know that sounds weird. Anyway, I still hit the high spots and for the most part I always go to bed with a clean sink. Maybe I’ll go back to her site for some new motivation. Good luck with it all.