My Fly Lady post created a bit of a stir. I’ve decided to share my personal schedules/lists so you can see exactly what my goals are. These are PDF files. Click on the title to view the page.
- Daily Chore Checklist 09 This is the cleaning that I’d like to get done everyday. Really, none of it should take too long. And by clean toilets I mean stick the brush in the bowl and do any necessary wiping around the bowl.
- Weekly Routine 09 This details what I’d like to get done each day, including the cleaning (both daily and detailed).
- Detailed Routines: 1st Week 09 This lists what will get done the first week of the month.
- Detailed Routines: 2nd Week 09 This is what I’ll do the second week of the month.
- Detailed Routines: 3rd Week 09 And the third.
- Detailed Routines: 4th Week 09 And so on for the fourth.
- Detailed Routines: 5th Week 09 If there’s a fifth week in the month here’s what I’ll do.
Ambitious? I used to do this minus as intense of a homeschooling schedule as we keep now…and minus an extra kid. Can you imagine how much little hair I’d have if I were still managing my business?
The idea though is that breaking the big cleaning jobs down into smaller, bite-sized pieces, AND doing everything each month will make the jobs easier and faster to do. I am not going to dress down to my shoes each day and I am not subscribing to the email notifications. I have laminated these sheets (by applying clear packing tape over the part of the sheet I’m going to write on) so I can mark off what I’ve done each day, and then wipe the sheets clean at night. Because what is a list if you can’t mark things off of it?