but I am.
I’ve got my day planner out adding more and more things for us to do while we wait to get into the house. Here are the stats:
- 18 more days (432 hours)
- That’s 3 more Tuesdays, 3 more Wednesdays, 3 more Thursdays and 3 more Fridays
- That’s 2 more Saturdays and 2 more Sundays
- Both of those Saturdays will be spent down in our old stomping grounds, the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.
- Both of those Sundays will be spent travelling back up here.
- 9 more story times at the library
- 2 free movies
- 2 shows at Wolf Trap
- 14 more days of 1 hour commutes (both ways) for Du (have I mentioned the commute from our house will only be 8 minutes? Knew I had, just love to think about it.)
- 3 more house cleaning visits. After that I’m on my own.
- 16 more nights of the cats using our heads as pogo sticks.
The days are going quickly and I know this soon will all be a memory. “Hey, remember when we were crazy enough and stupid enough to live in a hotel room for six weeks?!” “Yeah, let’s never do that again!”
If history is any judge, I’m guessing we will, in deed, be doing this again. When we moved from Germany to New Mexico we spent a month in a Motel 6. That was with only one cat and no children. I don’t even remember if it had a “kitchenette”. So, see, we don’t learn from our stupidities, we just repeat them with more grandiosity. Next time we’ll decide to live in a UHaul with all of our worldly possessions, showering at truck stops and cooking on a camping stove.