After. . .

Caterpillars! They were moth eggs. Kinda gross, but kinda cool at the same time. I was thankful that a moth decided our window was the perfect place to lay her eggs.

Moth eggs hatched and are now caterpillars Not So SAHM

After – ProjectEdit365 – 07 July

The original picture was dark so I increased the exposure. I also sharpened it, both of which brought out a lot of noise. I lowered the contrast to keep the detail of each caterpillar body, but increased the clarity. I hate the noise in the picture, but I think the detail is better. Here’s the original:


~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~

Before. . .

Can you guess what these are? The “after” will follow tomorrow. . .


Before – ProjectEdit365 – 06 July

The original picture was kind of flat. I increased the contrast and clarity and only slightly increased the exposure. I sharpened up the whole picture and then decreased the noise a little. I added a little vignetting. That’s it! Stay tuned to see the after pic! Here’s the original:


~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~

Gerbera Daisy

My church has a photography group and the challenge for this past week was depth of field. I love going shallow so it was just a matter of finding a subject. Trader Joe’s flowers work just fine.

macro of a gerbera daisy NotSoSAHM

Gerbera Daisy – ProjectEdit365 – 22 Apr

The original was dull and I wasn’t in love with the color of the petals. Thankfully, Lightroom has a solution for that – adjusting individual colors.


~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~

Dragonfly Nose

I used my macro to take this pic, and now I’m wishing I would just set up the tripod when I’m shooting with the macro. But when you’re working with a fickle model you don’t know how much time you have.

Look at how hairy it is!

And check out that spider web stuck on its foot.

A macro close up of a dragonfly head and thorax NotSoSAHM

Dragonfly Nose – ProjectEdit365 – 05 Apr

The original:

I tried to get close enough to see the compound eye, but my camera didn’t pick it up. I sharpened everything and upped the saturation just a bit.


~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~