Following the theme of yesterday’s post I’ve found another reworked Bible passage:
A Homeschooler’s 23rd Psalm
Taken from Alpha Omega’s Homeschool View
The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He maketh me to live on less sleep;
He leadeth me through the noise of many voices.He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me to teach
The right lessons each day, for His name’s sake.Yea, though I walk through the valley of undone
Laundry and kitchen messes, I will fear no evil:
For thou art with me, my teacher’s guides and
Answer keys, they comfort me.Thou preparest a table before me in the presence
Of threatening school officials and critical family members.
Thou anointest my head with heavenly wisdom, my cup runneth over.
Surely educated and godly children shall follow after me
All the days of my life and I will dwell again one day
In a clean house with the Lord forevermore.
Fortunately I have not dealt with the worst of the problems above.
- I have gotten less sleep, not really because of homeschooling though.
- Undone laundry and kitchen messes have gotten the best of me on many days.
- Teacher’s guides are my best friends during the school year…I’m no where near creative enough to come up with 180 lesson plans.
- I haven’t had to deal with threatening school officials, and hopefully never will. If so I’ll have the HSLDA on my side. And all critical family members have been won over from the dark side to the side of enlightenment.
- My head has been filled with wisdom on occasion. How else would I be able to impart any kind of understandable knowledge on a young child.
- Ahh, to have a clean house again that stays that way…one day…