Leigh Anne tagged me for the latest meme. I actually went online yesterday to learn how to pronounce that word, and learned that it is actually a word, and was in existence before blog chain mail. Now, on to learning more than ever about mememememememe!
What was I doing ten years ago?
Let me do the math…1998. Oh! I was living in Germany; married for two years and some change; no kids; traveling around every weekend we could. I was either working as the Customer Service Rep for the Army Payroll (horrible job because I’m not a finance person…why would they ever hire me for that position?). OR I was a Test Administrator for City Colleges of Chicago (way cool job because I only worked Tues-Thurs and got to drive on the Autobahn two of those days). It was so long ago I can’t remember which. Hubby and I were buffing up for the EAS competition. Dude, my arms rocked.
Five snacks I enjoy?
- Peanut butter M&Ms
- Reece’s Peanut Butter cups
- Popcorn and Raisinettes (yes as a snack)
- Tortilla chips
- Cheese and coke (you must read the post to understand)
Five things on my to do list TODAY
Ok. First. I’m supposed to have a to do list? Maybe that’s the problem. Surfing shouldn’t be one of them I guess.
- Laundry (usually a Friday ritual–I only do it once a week–but we’ll be gone tomorrow)
- Pack for trip
- Go on trip
- Relax on trip
- Oh, return a Blockbuster movie
Things I would do if I were a billionaire
- Tithe. What would that be? $100,000,000? I can’t even fathom that many zeros.
- Fully fund the girls’ college accounts, for private colleges.
- Fully fund the girls’ wedding accounts.
- Invest and save
- Spend some, of course.
- Travel. My dream of dreams.
- Continue to give away.
Five jobs I’ve had
- Owner of Sew Petit, LLC.
- Administrative Assistant at The Flickinger Center (Performing Arts center in Alamogordo) where I got to sell tickets, help write grants, do radio ads (if you’re nice I’ll tell you about the time Du made an ad with me for the radio), etc. I was even on their Board of Directors for a while (INO).
- Test Administrator for City Colleges of Chicago in Germany. I administered the tests and made sure people didn’t cheat. I actually did not relish having to throw guys out of the classroom.
- Customer Service Rep for the Army payroll system. Let’s just say I had a lot of headaches during this job. I hated it. Switched to Test Admin. to save my sanity.
- Hostess at Mick’s Restaurant in Decatur. Awesome food. My first experience with restaurant workers. I did not fit in.
Five of my bad habits
Here’s where you think you’re getting the dirt on me:
- I just noticed yesterday that I’ve started wringing my hands
- Sticking my foot in my mouth (more on that to come)
- Talking on the phone while driving and not using my ear piece
- Eating food that’s not necessarily good for me when eaten on a constant basis
Five places I’ve lived
- Pensacola, Florida
- Warner Robins, Georgia
- Decatur, Georgia (suburb of Atlanta)
- Stuttgart, Germany
- Hampton, Virginia
Five people I want to get to know better (I’m tagging you in the hopes that you’ll play along. Please?)
- Kerith of The Right Wife. Your latest post has me very interested.
- NV of This D*mn House. I’m intrigued that you’re a fixer upper (I’d love to do), a scrapbooker (I love to do) and a genealogist (I’d love to do again if I had more time).
- Tori of Snapshots of My Life. I remember spending the night at your house once. But after that I don’t know much…
- Cher of Wich4. A really good friend who reminds me of Beth Moore.
- Kristen of We Are That Family. Your life through your blog is terribly funny. Your life before your blog must be as well.
6 random things
- I’m numb now with the news of Steven Curtis Chapman’s daugther. More here.
- News like that really puts life into perspective.
- Do you honestly know where you’re going when you die? You don’t know when that time will come.
- Have a relationship with Jesus and everything else is cake.
- Your kids need to know about Jesus too.
- Reagan and Du’s favorite song right now is I Danced With Cinderella. God, give us the chance to have all of those moments with our girls.
I haven’t proofread this. Hope it’s ok.