I CAN’T BELIEVE I WON!!!
I’ve never won an award before! Well, there was that time I got first place in the crab walk. But that was during, like, the fifth grade field day. So, ahem, I’d like to thank
my mom for giving me life;
my hubby: you complete me;
once again, Jaci: without you I’d still be a little ole nobody who’s never won anything;
my manager: oh, don’t have one of those;
my agent: um…
GOD! Everyone thanks Him, right? Without God I wouldn’t be.
I’ve seen this award on other blogs and have wondered if I would ever be good enough special enough to receive any award. So I traveled over to Arte y Pico, the originator of the award. Thanks to Babelfish I now know that “this blog awards art and creativity”. Wow. I’m…speechless… Well, not really, but I’m really honored!
Here’s the hard part. I have to pick out five blogs to pass the award to. Have I told you how many blogs I subscribe to? I know I have. I do have a couple of things to do today. Bills. Pack a UHaul. Clean the house. Attend an award ceremony (not for me). Each will take a couple hours each. But first things first, right! Now I see that with honor comes responsibility…here are the rules:
- You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.
- Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
- Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.
- The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link “Arte y Pico” blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
- Show these rules.
Wow. So if I pick you, you have some responsibilities as well. This is either a really important award, or we’re really being told what to do (ala Animal Farm). Those of you who know/read me love me for my wit and dry humor so don’t be offended by that last remark.
Here’s my list in alphabetical order:
1. Finding Atman. Heather is my Dooce. If only she were to blog everyday…which I’m working on. Everything she writes is interesting and funny. And this week she is blogging everyday, AND she’s blogging about shopping! She is my “shopping twin” as she just called me in an email. Can I consider that another award? She is one of only two people who have the same shopping stamina that I do (Hey Mom! You’re the other!). New York – three days – average of about 10 hours per day on our feet shopping – heaven. And Heather, I give you full permission to forgo the rules above since you’re blogging about shopping this week and are sure to have Baby E early 🙂
2. Lulaville. Please. If you haven’t seen or read Leigh Anne’s blog go. Her writing is creative, her design is creative, her material is rather interesting (especially if you’re into the nether region), and she contributes to the blogging community (personally I think she’s addicted to commenting, giving and receiving).
3. Snapshots of My Life. Tori’s blog is beautiful because her photography is beautiful. Oh wow! And her background has changed. I love it! Check out her other blogs, linked at the top of Snapshots. Order some of her prints. Thank me later.
4. The Secret Is In The Sauce. Talk about contributing to the blogging community. Heather and Tiffany have created the SITS community where we show each other bloggy love e.vuh.ry.day. Join and get in on some comment luv.
5. This D*mn House. Nicole’s blog fulfills the part of me that’s void: being a weekend warrior on all things structural. She’s building a house blogging community about fixing up houses that I will join the second we become home owners again (which may be years). But for now I live vicariously through her many projects.
Thank you Jaci. I will display this award with honor on my mantle above my fireplace, right over there in the left sidebar (’cause I have two sidebars now. Moving up in the world).