It’s been a while since I’ve worked on the sewing machine. I made the girls’ Christmas dresses and haven’t looked at the sewing machine since. Recently I started getting the itch to sew again, and I’ve got some cute fabric just sitting around. I had wanted to use it for a different purpose, but don’t think that will ever happen, so I re-purposed the fabric into these:
My embroidery machine was fixed recently as well. I had to go to Birmingham to get that done, but it was only $40 to actually fix it when the guy down here charged me close to $60 to fix one part but not the whole problem. Hmm.
These are pillowcase dresses, or something loosely associated with such. They were not originally pillowcases and are so much cuter. I lined them with a light material because I don’t like seeing the back of fabric on the inside of their clothes. Actually, I was afraid the dresses would be too light (as in not heavy) if I didn’t line them.
All in all both dresses took about 3 to 3.5 hours to make total (not each!). The cutting of the lining and fabric probably took the longest. I didn’t even follow a pattern, these dresses started out as rectangles of fabric. If you’re wanting to try sewing for your daughter then I recommend a pillowcase dress. I should have taken step-by-step pictures of the process.
I haven’t gotten a picture of Reagan in her dress because I just finished it. And you can thank one of the kids for smudging up the camera while she runs all over the house taking umpteen pictures of the floor and the tv.
If you feel so inclined will you lift up a prayer for this little fellow:
Eli’s parents are missionaries in Hungary. Eli has a bad infection in his ear and they’re going to do surgery on his thrombosis to take out the infected part at 9am Hungarian time on the 5th. That’s six hours ahead of U.S. Eastern. Whether you’re reading this before or after the surgery has taken place that whole family could use your prayers. Thanks!