I live in a big city. With lots of people. With escalators. Why can’t I find a small umbrella stroller with a basket for carrying packages? And titanium wheels on ball bearings? And possibly a jet engine? Oh, and doesn’t cost a lot because I don’t want to keep it forever?
A behemoth stroller would be nice but it is completely impractical for our life. Ashlyn is three and doesn’t need a stroller most of the time. It’s great to have when we’re doing our marathon sight-seeing days though. In doing my minimal amount of research I haven’t found a small stroller that has good wheels and a place for stashing bags. I’ve looked at jogging strollers but those things are pretty big. I need something that’s going to fold up into the size of a toothpick in order to get on and off the buses and metros easily. Not to mention to actually fit in my car.
And so the quest continues. If you know of a stroller that fits these qualifications please, please, please tell me of it. I’ll name ours after you.
- good wheels for steering on uneven pavement/gravel/grass/people’s feet
- storage area because we all know why people really use strollers
- high enough handles or push bar because I’m tired of being the only person short enough to push ours around
- folds up very compact–people can be pretty unaccommodating in small public spaces
- self-propelled–I’d be willing to pay extra for this. Who knew that every single place you’d try to steer a stroller would be uphill?