I started ProjectEdit365 in February, so today marks six months that I have been editing a picture a day! The time has flown. I have thoroughly enjoyed the whole process of the project:
- choosing the pictures
- editing each one
- posting the edits (on several different platforms)
- printing out some of the pics
It doesn’t take up much time each day so I haven’t felt overwhelmed by the project (yet). There are some months. . . actually I think it’s every month, that I get to the last couple of days and wonder if I’m going to be able to find enough pictures to edit. Sometimes I gravitate to the already-pretty pictures and have to remind myself that this project is to learn how to edit better.
Do you want to participate? Here are the guidelines I’ve created and have been following:
- I am only using pictures from the month in which we are in – from any year. So, with August coming up, I’m only going to use pictures that I’ve taken in Augusts of years past (and this year if I take any).
- I am using Lightroom to edit, but that’s only because it’s what I’ve got. I have Photoshop Elements, but it’s not fast for me and I would love to get more proficient with Lightroom and then move on to learn how to use Photoshop (including Elements).
- Sometimes I try to think outside the box and edit in a way that I wouldn’t initially think of. . . but much of the time I have an idea in my head already of what I want to try.
- I tag each post with #ProjectEdit365
Here’s my work so far:
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~