I miss my random blog posts. Twitter has stolen them. I think I might stop Twittering.
I tried to remember various things from the move. Here goes. Random style.
- Ashlyn pulled out my monthly stuff, you know, pads, and took them to someone. I can’t even remember who now. Embarrassing all the same.
- I love driving by myself. That’s how God meant it.
- Reagan talks a lot. Thus, my preference for the above.
- O’Charley’s doesn’t offer free kids’ meals any more.
- Scanning through radio stations after entering Alabama. “Sweet Home Alabama”. No kidding. I cranked it up and Reagan and I sang at the top of our lungs.
- Does the iPhone offer ringback tones? ‘Cause you know what mine will be…
- At the barbecue we were invited to on 04 July Reagan started singing it again.
- Anybody remember the Spin Doctors? I heard “Two Princes”. Can’t remember if I saw them in concert or not during college. I know I saw STP opening for Aerosmith. Did I see Spin Doctors?
- And thinking about that got me thinking about the Masquerade and all the fun times had with Andrea. I’ll have to post about my college BFF soon. Anyone not from Atlanta probably won’t get the Masquerade reference. It was there that I saw The Offspring (Hey Du, “drink your milk”).
- Our new neighborhood rocks.
- Our new neighbors rock.
- Our backyard rocks.
- I can’t believe I’m using the term “rocks”. I remember a waitress at a restaurant I worked at in college would say it. I thought she was too old to be using new slang. It was new back then. It’s only taken me 12 years to start using it.
- Already sad that we’ll be leaving in a year. Mainly because I can’t stand the thought of having to pack up all our crap again soon. (I’m sending our family very nice “quit the crap” letters soon…I’ll post it).
- If you ever reserve a room at a Holiday Inn Express make sure you get the rate you were promised online. They’ll try to increase it on you.
- Instead of having my rate reduced (to the correct amount) I opted for the hotel checker-inner to not charge me $20 for housing two cats for the night. I came out the winner even though they tried to jip me.
- Speaking of our cats, they are doing very well considering everything they’ve ever known is totally and completely gone.
- Just as Mo sleeps at R’s head at home he sleeps at her feet in the truck.
- What’s that huge elephant’s name, the Bama mascot? I wonder if we can change Mo’s name to his? Is it bama?
- I will punch the first person I hear/see make the association of ‘Bama voting for ‘bama. I haven’t seen it yet and question why God let it enter my mind in the first place. It means I’m not the only one.
- Family is amazing. Who else will drop whatever they’re doing, inconveniencing themselves, and help you move. And stay with you for days waiting for movers to come.
- If you’re going to have other people packing your stuff put every little thing in baggies. It’s harder for them to lose all of the Polly Pocket paraphernalia.
- Put your unmentionables in WalMart bags. You don’t want strangers touching that stuff.
- Pack chairs. You’ll need something to sit in.
- Don’t ever believe the square footage you’re given of a house you have not seen in person.
I’m sure I’ll have plenty more where this came from after tomorrow. The movers are coming to deliver the bulk of our “goods”. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
8 thoughts on “Notes on a Move, all in V-minor”
but we would miss you on twitter. i guess moving to the state next door would make up for it, if you must. 6 days without stuff. wow. and do you move every year? i’m new to the party, forgive me.
hahahha at the first thing my daughter does that daily, i am posting this post in my midweek shout out today it cracked me up. I hope to blog about moving soon
TOTAlly get the frustration with Twitter … and with Holiday Inn Express. (If only their staff was as smart as their commercials say their guests are.)
Lots of great moving advice! I am happy that I haven’t moved anything significant since a break-up many moons ago. (While we weren’t technically living together, I had a LOT of stuff there.) i feel sorry for you that you have to do it again so soon. But, it sounds like you will really enjoy your time in your new neighborhood. Cool!
And I love the word “rock” after initially hating it. I use it a lot. Sometimes, in notes to self to get me going on days like today, as in: “You rock. Now get your a** out of bed!”
I have a pic of Alex dissecting a tampon that he found…I thought it was funny, Brett not so much.
Ok, read all that and the only thing I thought of was…MY BFF in college was named Andrea too.
And moving sucks!
i love you and your stream of consciousness stuff.
i want an iPhone, too. wonder if it’s worth the hype? when’s the new one coming out? let’s discuss, please.
Thank you for your words today. I needed them more than you know. And for encouraging me to “get it out there.”
Melissa at Stretch Marks
…everywhere we go…
I am so impressed that you can move that fast. I am still unpacking from when I moved into my husbands a year and a half ago!