I miss my random blog posts. Twitter has stolen them. I think I might stop Twittering.
I tried to remember various things from the move. Here goes. Random style.
- Ashlyn pulled out my monthly stuff, you know, pads, and took them to someone. I can’t even remember who now. Embarrassing all the same.
- I love driving by myself. That’s how God meant it.
- Reagan talks a lot. Thus, my preference for the above.
- O’Charley’s doesn’t offer free kids’ meals any more.
- Scanning through radio stations after entering Alabama. “Sweet Home Alabama”. No kidding. I cranked it up and Reagan and I sang at the top of our lungs.
- Does the iPhone offer ringback tones? ‘Cause you know what mine will be…
- At the barbecue we were invited to on 04 July Reagan started singing it again.
- Anybody remember the Spin Doctors? I heard “Two Princes”. Can’t remember if I saw them in concert or not during college. I know I saw STP opening for Aerosmith. Did I see Spin Doctors?
- And thinking about that got me thinking about the Masquerade and all the fun times had with Andrea. I’ll have to post about my college BFF soon. Anyone not from Atlanta probably won’t get the Masquerade reference. It was there that I saw The Offspring (Hey Du, “drink your milk”).
- Our new neighborhood rocks.
- Our new neighbors rock.
- Our backyard rocks.
- I can’t believe I’m using the term “rocks”. I remember a waitress at a restaurant I worked at in college would say it. I thought she was too old to be using new slang. It was new back then. It’s only taken me 12 years to start using it.
- Already sad that we’ll be leaving in a year. Mainly because I can’t stand the thought of having to pack up all our crap again soon. (I’m sending our family very nice “quit the crap” letters soon…I’ll post it).
- If you ever reserve a room at a Holiday Inn Express make sure you get the rate you were promised online. They’ll try to increase it on you.
- Instead of having my rate reduced (to the correct amount) I opted for the hotel checker-inner to not charge me $20 for housing two cats for the night. I came out the winner even though they tried to jip me.
- Speaking of our cats, they are doing very well considering everything they’ve ever known is totally and completely gone.
- Just as Mo sleeps at R’s head at home he sleeps at her feet in the truck.
- What’s that huge elephant’s name, the Bama mascot? I wonder if we can change Mo’s name to his? Is it bama?
- I will punch the first person I hear/see make the association of ‘Bama voting for ‘bama. I haven’t seen it yet and question why God let it enter my mind in the first place. It means I’m not the only one.
- Family is amazing. Who else will drop whatever they’re doing, inconveniencing themselves, and help you move. And stay with you for days waiting for movers to come.
- If you’re going to have other people packing your stuff put every little thing in baggies. It’s harder for them to lose all of the Polly Pocket paraphernalia.
- Put your unmentionables in WalMart bags. You don’t want strangers touching that stuff.
- Pack chairs. You’ll need something to sit in.
- Don’t ever believe the square footage you’re given of a house you have not seen in person.
I’m sure I’ll have plenty more where this came from after tomorrow. The movers are coming to deliver the bulk of our “goods”. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…