I’ve been raking in the awards lately. It’s high time I start passing them along. And apparently Jaci thinks I’m too busy to post a meme.
I have y’all so totally fooled. I’m not busy homeschooling or cleaning or playing with a toddler or running a business (wait, I’m really not running a business anymore…I’m in the R&D phase of the business.) Really, all I do is sit around all day and pet my cats while watching soaps. And eating junk food. I have all the time in the world to tell y’all 6 weird things about me and give away blog awards. In fact, I threatened Jaci, and in effect, my whole readership with turning it into a Friday 13 where I tell everyone 13 weird facts about me. I reconsidered though as all I could imagine was a bunch of you drinking Windex to stop the madness.
6 Random, Weird and Unspectacular Things About Me:
- I’d rather be hot than cold. See previous post.
- My belly button is now a half innie/half outie after the birth of my second child. TMI? Sorry. My kids grew like basket balls inside my tummy. WARNING: GRAPHIC PICTURE AHEAD: I know, gross right? 6 days before Ashlyn arrived. That left little room for my poor innie. I guess she stretched my skin too far; and it had less elasticity. My stomach now looks weird with a half and half.
- I can still put my legs behind my head. One at a time. I used to be able to leave them up there, now they must be held up. Once again, was that TMI?
- My husband thinks that it’s weird that I graze all day instead of eating three solid meals. What can I say? I love to eat. I’ve already mentioned that I consider eating a sport. Let’s just say I’m not a sprint eater. I’m a cross country eater. Actually, what he thinks is weird is that it’s not the healthiest food. Please, how can that be weird?
- I prefer pizza cold. Straight out of the fridge from the night before. Don’t hate.
- I auditioned for a music video. I was attending Agnes Scott College at the time (and maybe one day I’ll post about my former feminist and somewhat liberal self. It is a woman’s college after all). I was in a record store somewhere in Atlanta buying the Deadeye Dick album. The year was late 1993 or early 1994. As I was checking out, the guy behind me asked me why I was buying the album. “I like the music” was my response (duh!). “Well, I’m their manager and we’re holding auditions for their video. You should come by.” This story is getting way too long. I’m saving the rest for another post.
Now, to award the awards!
Let me just tell you right now I feel a little like Michael Scott handing out the Dundies. Please laugh at my jokes, if I tell any. Please applaud for all recipients. Please, no making fun of me or feeling sorry for me. Oh, and I don’t care if you’ve received these awards before, or if you hate getting awards. Just accept them will ya?
The first award of the day is the Excellent Award. I have to pass this onto ten other blogs. Holy cow. I’m just going to spit ’em out all at once, in alphabetical order. If you choose to accept this award please stab yourself with a pencil, in the eye, while you too think of ten blogs to pass it along to. Congrats!
Dancing With My Father We’ve decided we’re kindred spirits.
Inspirations From Cheese In A Can My kind of humor. I love it.
It’s Just A Moment, This Time Will Pass The first blog I ever read. And a fellow ASC grad.
Lifting Up Serenity Serenity’s parents are blogging her and their experience with childhood leukemia.
- Politics 4 Moms Informative info re: all the candidates. Written by a mom for moms.
- Ravings of a Mad Housewife More of my kind of humor. I love finding blogs that get me.
Root & Sprout Awesome e-zine that published an article written by me 🙂
Snapshots Of My Life AMAZING photography skillz in Tori. You must look for yourselves.
Stretch Marks Melissa Lee makes me spit coke out my nose. Well, it hasn’t happened yet, but it will one day.
The Happy Housewife What I aspire to be. She’s got it all together. Or she makes it look as though she does.
The second award of the day is the Brillante Weblog Premio!! My Italian Stallion! This one comes with its own set of rules:
Once an award is received, the rules are as follows:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.
OMG, seven more blogs? Where’s that pencil? Don’t we remember that I broke up with several blogs I read? This award will go to the awesome family blogs that we visit in order to catch up on the latest of our long lost friends.
- Our Journ-O Our mates living Down Under for the time being.
Wich4 Our BFFs in Atlanta. (I’m kinda sick of that term, but what else works in a short space?)
The Grunwalds We’re following them. Literally. Only we’re split by a year. Kinda Sandra Bullock-ish.
The Kolb Family Dear Liberty/Hampton friends.
The Wise Family Missouri friends with whom we didn’t get to spend near as much time as we would have liked.
Hmm, it seems that I only know these five families that frequently (or not so) update their blogs.
Moving on, we come to the last award of the day. I rarely cuss y’all. And I’m not even saying this one in my head. Ok, I am, but only because Reagan and I discussed it’s meaning the other day. The last award of the day is the .
Here are the rules:
-Choose 5 bloggers that you feel are “Kick A$$ Bloggers”
-Let ’em know via email, twitter or blog comments that they’ve received an award
-Share the love and link back to both the person who awarded you and back to Mamma Dawg
-Pass it on!
I must also say that with this one you can sign Mr. Linky at MammaDawg’s site to show that you are indeed a recipient.
And the winners are:
Especially Heather A mom dealing with brain cancer. One of her children has had a heart transplant. She has a deep, abiding faith in Jesus. She blogs her life in an encouraging way. What’s more kick butt than that?
The team at MomDot These girls blog like there’s no tomorrow. They’re in the middle of their launch party right now with blog features, giveaways and discussions on controversial topics. What could be better?
The Flip Side of DandelionEnd This woman is funny. Hilarious. Have you seen the comments she leaves on my Story Time, Interactive Style posts? And she makes weird stuff called Kombucha.
The Right Wife Not only is she “right” but she’s also got great musical knowledge.
Ugh! I did it! Please tell me you’re not drunk on Windex.